GeM Portal Registration for Seller/ Buyer @ gem.gov.in | GeM Portal Login, Benefits, Tender Search, Product Price List | In India, there are a lot of websites that are becoming popular for buying and selling goods. In addition to the private market, the government also has a place where people can buy and sell things. This place is called the “GeM Portal.”
Different departments and organizations can trade services and goods through an official portal that is real and only for that purpose. In today’s article, we’ll find out what GeM Portal is and how it can help people. We will also learn how to sign up for the Gem Portal and how to buy and sell on the Gem Portal.
The full form of GEM is “Government e-Marketplace”. As a result, this portal serves as a focused and open online marketplace for the selling and buying of goods for various organizations and departments. In this marketplace, any private or governmental entity may trade. So the government created this website for government officers to attend to various day-to-day government organizations for the public sector. The elimination of corruption, as well as increased transparency and effectiveness in government employment and procurement, are the main objectives of the gem portal.
For government agencies at the federal, state, and local levels to buy large quantities of services and goods, the gem portal provides an online platform that offers transparency and han design. A gem marketplace is a location where vendors and buyers can list goods for option or direct purchase. There are rules and regulations that must be followed, and all they need to do is register. Then the highest bidder gets the item.
PM Kisan Beneficiary Status Check
GeM Reached 50 Lakh Sellers
As you are all aware, the government’s Jem platform is increasing day by day and has surpassed 50 million sellers. So far, 62,056 government entities have registered as buyers in the marketplace. The increasing number of registrations validates the popularity of the Jim platform, and a million vendors were reached in just five months. As of August 2022, 50,50,000 registrations have been completed on this expanding portal, which is registering businesses of all types. Growth will accelerate dramatically after the launch of the government’s Udyam portal in July 2020. With a 55.01 percent share of the portal’s total order value, businesses of all sizes, from micro to massive, account for the majority of orders.
According to the statistics, sales climbed by more than 300 percent in 2021 and 228 percent in 2022, and the trend continues. According to the data, the buyer’s share will decrease from 66% in 2019 to 2% in 2022. As a result, GeM aims to expand its GMV to Rs 2 lakh crore during the current fiscal year as a result of the addition of co-operatives as buyers to its marketplace and government and CPSE work contracts.
GeM Portal History
The GeM portal is an online marketplace for the conduct of government business in India. On August 9, 2016, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry gave the public its first look at the new site. It’s fascinating to learn that the GeM gateway was developed in a record-breaking five months. According to the statistics available on the GeM site as of August 31st, 2021, there were 25,98,510 different merchants and service providers. In addition, it had over 16,409 product categories, which added up to almost 52 million individual goods.
CSC Digital Seva
GeM Portal Objective
The Government Electronic Marketplace (gem portal) has many primary goals, the most important of which are the reduction of corrupt practices as well as the enhancement of transparency and efficiency in government hiring and procurement.
Another objective is to require that all government ministries and departments make all of their purchases of goods and services via the site.
GeM Portal Benefits
There are various benefits to using the gem portal for both sellers and buyers.
Advantages for Buyers:
- The gem portal provides total transparency and ease of buying for the buyers.
- It offers various listings of products for all types of goods and services.
- The buyers can purchase directly up to the amount of Rs. 25000.
- Eleven banks have made GeM Pool Accounts available.
- L1 purchase for amounts greater than 25000 up to 500000 rupees.
- Proprietary Article Certificate Bid Buying a certain product based on what is needed
- Trends in prices and a comparison of prices from different sellers
- Once the buyers buy the items from the sellers, there are direct notifications.
- There is a very beautiful integrated payment system.
- For buyers, there is an easy-to-use interface such as a search option for different kinds of products and a very user-friendly dashboard as well.
- There is a departmental online grievance system that is automated and very powerful.
- Buyers have the option of selecting a duration between 10 to 21 days.
- A product is delivered for the duration of 180 days.
- Direct Purchase Mode seller selection based on PIN code
- Term and condition definitions can be added to the ATC library.
- At the time the bill is made, buyers can make additional deductions.
- During the technical evaluation, a buyer can decide if an MSE seller is eligible for MSE purchase preference or not.
- As of now, buyers have the option to back out of product contracts even if the seller has already sent an invoice, as long as 15 days have passed since the delivery date.
Advantages for Sellers
- For sellers on the gem portal, there is no cost or fee to sign up on this portal.
- Connect to the public procurement market at the national level as well.
- There are special rules and services for MSMEs and companies that are just starting up.
- Since the gem portal is online, there is no paper and no contact. Contactless means that you won’t have to give the same information over and over again. Instead, you’ll just have to click the button for transactions.
- There can be more than one bill for one order from a seller.
- Everyone who doesn’t get the job will be told why.
- A dashboard that makes it easy for sellers to keep track of payments and supplies.
- Based on ideas from OEM and MAIT, Business Cockpit has been made better by adding new chart widgets and more parameters to the reports that were already there.
- At the time of the bid, ITR did not apply to sellers from the North Eastern states and J&K.
- Prices can change based on what’s going on in the market.
- Direct contact with government agencies and the groups they run
Documents Required for Registration on GeM Portal
In order to register or to use the gem portal, the following documents are needed to continue:
- Wants to register and must have his ID card or Aadhar card.
- Importantly applicants must have a pan card for GEM registration.
- Applicants must have a bank account and bank details are needed to continue the services of Gem Portal.
- A GST certificate is also required.
- CIN (Company Information Number)
- Registered Office
- Factory, warehouse
- Applicants must have an MSME certificate.
GeM Portal Registration For Seller
If you are a seller and you need to register yourself on the gem portal, you have to follow the following steps in order to continue:
- First, you need to open the official website of Gem Portal.
- You will have the option of signing up in the menu on the home page.
- Click on it and then you will be shown the options whether you are a buyer or a seller.
- You have to click on the option of the seller and a new page will be opened in front of you.
- On the new page, there will be terms and conditions.
- You have to click on the terms and conditions, then a document PDF type popup will appear in front of you and you have to click on the tick that you accept the terms and conditions.
- After accepting the terms, a firm will show up in front of you. First, you have to type up the business or organization type in the drop-down menu, whether you have a company or firm for proprietorship trust or government agency. Then you have to type in the organization’s name.
- Then you have to click on the next button.
- And then you have to fill in the personal details.
- You will be given two options whether you want to register yourself through a PAN card or an Aadhar card. Whatever option you choose, you have to fill in the details from the cards accordingly.
- After you choose a card and enter details, you have to verify that card. Verification may take the email address to verify.
- Once verified, you will be registered successfully.
- An account is created. You need to log in by going to the home page and clicking on login and giving the credentials such as user id and password to log in.
- Then you have to update your profile. You need to validate 4 things, company details, office location, bank account details, and PAN validation.
- The vendors must first open a bank account that is linked to the GeM portal, deposit the caution money, and then offer their goods and services or brands.
- Sellers can easily participate in gem bidding and receive orders.
GeM Portal Registration for Buyers
If you are a buyer and want to register yourself on the gem portal, you need to follow these steps:
- First, you have to visit the official website of the Gem Portal.
- You need to find the option to sign up on the home page and then select the buyer option.
- Then you need to click on the button of the terms and conditions and then accept the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox button.
- You have to fill in the form with your Aadhaar number and mobile number, which is linked with your Aadhar, and then OTP will be received and then you have to click and verify the number.
- You must then complete the account registration form by entering your username, password, and email address before clicking the “Create Account” button.
- You might need to verify the email address also.
- You need to go to the homepage and click on the login button to log in through credentials such as user id and password.
- By selecting the “User” button in the top right corner of the homepage, choosing “Add user,” entering the secondary user’s information, and then selecting “Add,” primary users may establish secondary users.
Steps to login into the GeM Portal?
- You are required to start by going to gem.gov.in.
- After that, click the GEM Login button in the toolbar on the homepage.
- After that, you will need to input your GEM User ID and decipher the captcha code.
- After clicking the box labeled “Submit,” enter your personal identification number.
- At long last, your dashboard will load, at which point it will show all of the products you have listed.
- The GEM Login Online process may be found here.
Gem Portal Forgot Password
- Open the official website as soon as possible if you find that you have forgotten your password.
- After that, on the homepage of the website, click on the login button..
- After you have successfully logged in, choose the option to “Forget your password.”
- On the next screen, enter your user ID and the captcha code that you were shown, and then click the submit button.
- After that, a link to reset the password will be emailed to the email address that was originally registered for the account.
- By using this method, you will be able to change your password.