Are you looking for Job Opportunities at Singita – August 2023, Careers at Singita, Singita Job Vacancies, Singita Vacancies, Nafasi za kazi Singita, female jobs, who owns Singita? Safari job vacancies?
Singita Grumeti is recruiting for a Head Pastry Chef. The position will design new menus aligned with Singita’s food philosophy. I was managing the team and Pastry section of the kitchen, quality of equipment, stock control, and managing the Pastry Team. Related: 7 Driving Jobs Opportunities at TANROADS Mara August 2023
The primary purpose of the Head Chef is to manage the kitchen and the food quality in the various sections, in line with the Singita Standard of Excellence and SOPs.
- Drive the Company’s broader goals by planning and implementing strategic plans and goals.
- Oversee the management of the staff canteens by ensuring that all staff are provided with meals sufficient in quantity and nutrition.
- We are ensuring the ultimate food experience for the guests, in line with the food concept of the lodge.
- Effective guest interaction to enhance guest experiences.
- Supervise the quality of fooda produced and served hygienically.
- Designing of the menu – follow and implement new food concepts.
- It monitors the quality and care of equipment and products – minimizing breakage.
- Administration of orders to minimize shortages and wastage.
- Hand over responsibilities and requests to the next shift coming on duty and ensure that a handover is received from the previous change when coming on duty.
- Where applicable: preparation of pastry items to Singita standards, that include bread; croissants; Danish pastries; ice-creams; sorbets; cakes; biscuits, and desserts.
- Identify and eliminate potential risks in the workplace to ensure minimal liability to Singita.
- Cost-effectively run the kitchen within an agreed budget—strategic food management to reduce waste, such as portion control and stock rotation.
- Implement and maintain Health and Safety procedures, such as cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen kept to the highest standard.
- Communication with departmental teams ensures that guest needs are met, and operations run effectively.
- Look for opportunities to grow and train staff; and involvement in succession planning.
- Contribute towards the sustainability operations of the lodge, operating within lodge environmental parameters and constantly looking for ways to further ‘green’ lodge operations
- Active participation, effective communication, and support of Singita’s conservation message and purpose.
- All roles at Singita may be required to perform other tasks as reasonably requested occasionally and as needed for the business and operation. Singita fosters a culture of collaboration and, with this, supports the multi-skilling of staff.
Skills & Experience | Job Opportunities at Singita
- A 3 Year Chef Qualification or a minimum of 4 years experience in a role of similar responsibility.
- Able to calculate food costs and understand kitchen budget.
- Good computer literacy.
- Understanding of kitchen procedure and timing requirements, able to plan accordingly.
- Broad food knowledge, able to design menus.
- Awareness of dietaries.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
- A clear understanding of labor law and disciplinary procedures.
- Passion for the industry and willingness to grow.
- Understanding of hygiene protocols and equipment.
- Sound knowledge of cleaning methods and products.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and the use of firefighting equipment.
- First Aid training (provided by the company).
- Care in personal hygiene and grooming.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Stamina for physical activity.
- Nationality or valid working visa.