Accountant at Tanzania Roads Association (TARA) January 2023
About the Vacancy
The Tanzanian Roads Association (TARA) is a non-governmental organization established in July 1991. The Association promotes Vibrant Roads to improve the sustainability of the country’s road sector by promoting best practices in road planning, financing, design, construction, maintenance, management, and safety for all road users. Dedicated to creating a community. The efficient motor of the country’s development. From a qualified, energetic, proactive, and dynamic Tanzanian, applications are invited to fill the Association’s next two strategic leadership vacancies.
Job Title: Accountant
Honorary Treasurer of TARA
Main job description/roles:
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Honorary Treasurer of TARA in managing the association’s finances for efficient and effective operations.
Duties and responsibilities
Candidates are expected to fulfill the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct monthly bank reconciliations to determine monthly club cash positions. Preparation of financial statements of TARA for submission to auditors, TARA Board, TARA Annual General Meeting (AGM), and Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA).
- Liaise with TARA Secretariat staff (TARA’s Honorary/Secretary General, Honorary Treasurer, Program Officer, and other relevant TARA personnel) to determine the amount of each contract TARA is involved in before the contract is signed. determine the value.
- Liaise with TARA Secretariat staff (TARA Honorary/Secretary General, Honorary Treasurer, Program Officer, and other relevant TARA staff) and submit to TARA Executive Committee/Board, NGO Registrars, and TARA
- Partners Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports. Labor Transport, World Road Federation (PIARC),
- International Road Federation (IRF), etc] according to the required standards.
- Prepare monthly payslips and remit relevant deductions to the Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA), National
- Social Security Fund (NSSF), Workers’ Compensation Fund (WCF), and other necessary authorities.
- Submit monthly and semi-annual reports on withholding tax, VAT, and PAYE to the Tanzania Revenue
- Authority. Please contact the TARA Secretariat staff to prepare an annual budget and business plan for TARA.
- Receipt and custody of all funds and other assets of the organization.
- Contact the administrative assistant to collect the annual dues for TARA members. j) Submit annual returns to her TRA
- Manage all assets of the Tanzania Roads Association.
- Keep all business records in accordance with required standards. We process payments for a variety of clubs, including all required international payments.
- Generate his EFD report daily.
- Acting as financial advisor to Tanzania Roads Association offices and staff.
Required Abilities and Skills
- Good computer skills, including basic accounting package
- Good knowledge of applicable tax laws in Tanzania
- Good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and international
- Public Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Good skills in managing account charts/votes
good interpersonal skills
Required education and experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and 3+ years of professional experience in the Accounting department
- Registered as a CPA with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors [NBAA]
- Experience in the transportation/construction industry preferred
- He or she must be able to demonstrate the ability to qualify for the functional areas mentioned
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a copy of their application, resume, and transcripts to her TARA Chair email address.
Please contact the association by February 5, 2023, by sending a copy to [email protected] to [email protected]