The 2023/2024 academic year’s WAEC registration portal is now open, and it will eventually close soon. The WAEC registration period is already open for the 2023–2024 academic year and will close this month as registration has begun.
This article serves as a resource and a guide for candidates looking for answers to questions about the WAEC registration fee and requirements, the WAEC registration deadline, the WAEC timetable, the WAEC exam dates, the syllabus, and other important information that might be helpful.
What is the Meaning of WAEC?
The West African Examination Council WAEC is an examination redesigned for senior secondary school students in Nigeria before they eventually graduate from high school.
The examination serves as a prerequisite for admission into any higher institution or job offer both National and International.
WAEC SSCE Registration Requirements
Before registering for WAEC some of the important things to look out for are as follows;
A phone number
An Email, preferably, a Google mail address
WAEC Registration Process
The WASSCE registration process will be completed fully online for Schools and Private Applicants. Candidates should visit www.waecnigeria.org to register after obtaining the Registration PIN.
Also, candidates should be informed that the registration procedure is designed to support biometric features that are needed for testing center validation.
The Council typically updates national publications with information on entry deadlines and procedures. For instance, the Council administers the WASSCE twice a year, once in May/June for school applicants and once in October/November for private candidates.
Both the May/June WASSCE and the November/December WASSCE are registered online. The May/June exam is for school candidates, and the schools are sending candidates to handle all entry procedures.
A prospective candidate purchases an entrance scratch card, which enables him or her to complete the entry form on the Council’s registration website, www.waeconline.org.ng.
RECOMMENDED: List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Spec
A registered candidate then prints the identification photo card from the internet, which includes important details like the name, address, and number of the candidate’s center as well as the themes entered.
On the website, prospective applicants can also see the exam schedule and topic syllabuses.
It’s important to keep in mind that a potential applicant obtains a payment receipt and pin after paying the authorized fee to the authorized selling agency.
Here are the registration requirements for the WAEC in 2023
1. Make sure your National Identity Number (NIN) is prepared beforehand. If you have not gotten one yet, visit any nearby NIMC registration center.
2. Candidates should use their Registration PIN to register at https://registration.waecdirect.org after obtaining it.
3. Candidates must finish registration during the registration period two weeks after their initial visit to the website.
4. They should verify their subjects, names, genders, passport photographs, and dates of birth.
5. To show that their registration was successful and to prove who they are during the exam, they must also print their WAEC Picture Cards. On the Picture Card is where you’ll find the PIN for the Result Checker.
6. Only a digital personal scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
All of these tasks ought to be completed at the school where you plan to take the exam if you are registering for WAEC for school candidates (SS3 students). Similar to how public candidates should register at their centers.
Payment of the WAEC 2023 Registration Fee
You must first pay the registration fee for the WAEC Test.
To obtain the Registration PIN and Information DVD, candidates must pay an eighteen thousand naira (N18,000) registration fee at any branch of one of the following banks or a designated agent: First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Sterling Bank Plc, Zenith Bank Plc, Access bank Plc, First City Monument Bank Plc, Skye Bank Plc, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, Ecobank Ltd, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, Heritage Bank Plc, Standard Chartered Bank Plc, Unity Bank Plc, WEMA Bank Plc, and Union Bank of Nigeria.
RECOMMENDED: Best Universities to Study Accounting in Nigeria
What are the Requirements for Taking the WASSCE Examination?
Candidates must register for a least eight (8) and a maximum of nine (9) subjects and sit for them.
The following items must be included: (i) English, (ii) Mathematics, and (iii) At least one Nigerian language (see footnote) (iv) A minimum of one of physics, chemistry, or biology. (v) At least one of English Literature, History, or Geography. (vi) At least one vocational course or Agricultural Science.
These are the most important subjects. In addition to the above, each student must take three of the following subjects that are not already offered as core subjects: Biology, Economics, Physics, Bookkeeping, Chemistry, Typewriting, Further Mathematics, Shorthand, Commerce, History, Geography, English Literature, Agricultural Science, Woodwork, Health Science, Auto-Mechanics, Building Construction, Music, etc.
Registration for walk-in candidates
Students who wish to register for the test after the deadline for submissions has passed may be allowed to do so as “Walk-in-Candidates” if they do so at least twenty-four hours before the scheduled time of the paper (s) they intend to write.
The cost for “Walk-in-Candidates” is thirty thousand five hundred nairas ($30,500.00).
Registration of Candidates with Special Requirements
Applicants with special needs will register online in the same manner as regular candidates. They will still need to explain their disability, such as blindness, poor vision, spasticity, speech impediment, etc., in detail.
Additional Information For WAEC Registration 2023
Potential Candidates for the WAEC should be aware of the following information:
1. Candidates must watch the Information DVD before registering for the exam.
2. Applicants need to be aware that they must register.
3. Entry must be accompanied by passport-size photos of sufficient quality; “wait and see” photos are not permitted. In such pictures, the background CANNOT BE BLUE OR RED. The picture must have a resolution of 275 by 314 pixels. Passport images that are inappropriately posed may disqualify entries.
RECOMMENDED: Complete Guide to George Mason University 2023
4. Candidates should familiarize themselves with the WAEC Rules, Syllabuses, and Exam Schedule, which they can access by entering their Registration PIN on the WAEC website (waeconline.org.ng).
5. Exams must be taken in mufti and without weapons. The test rooms will not allow the wearing of any kind of professional uniform.
6. The results of candidates who take the examination at several sites will be tossed out.
7. Every applicant who comes to the exam location carrying a cellphone or other electronic device will have their whole exam results nullified.
8. When posting their entries, candidates must double-check them because the Council will not be held responsible for any errors. Requests for the correction of any information will not be taken into consideration once the inspection has started.
9. Candidates must bring their authentic Photo Cards to the examination hall.
10. Candidates who cheat on exams will not only have their scores canceled, but they may also face criminal charges.
That will be all for WAEC Registration 2023. We hope this post was helpful, do not hesitate to visit this site more often for more detailed information in regards to your educational pursuit. Thank you.